Sco 5.0.6 installer needed

Hi
I m sorry but to post this again.

Does anyone have installer of sco 5.0.6 and instruction to reinstall the current system?

This is urgent so Any help is appreciated.

Thousand thanks

Yes. Send me an email

Hi jgt
I sent you am email hope you received it thanks

I (also) have the SCO 5.0.6. CD iso if you need it.

Hi All, thanks I got the media from JGT. Thanks again!

i also need please send me the link

I have all of the CDs, but the floppy installer got wiped. Is that what is being discussed. If so, then please send me what I need to get going again.

Thanks
David Wright Sr.

You don't need a boot diskette if you can set the cd rom device as a boot device in the CMOS.

@jgt......it's been a while since I seriously used SCO but, correct me if I'm wrong, aren't the floppy images also on the CD media somewhere? If so, the OP could somehow transfer those images to floppy on another machine (using 'dd' or something).

But, yes, on version 5.0.6 the CD was bootable.

The short answer is I don't know.
The long answer; I found a 5.0.6 boot diskette. I also found a 5.0.5 cd. The cd is not readable on a Windows XP system, and is not mountable on an SCO system, so my assumption is that a copy of the boot diskette is not on the cd.

I just wonder whether, if you boot up on the SCO CD and break out to a shell, you could run 'mkdev fd' and create floppies.

I found this, but it applies to 5.0.7, and the mount fails with 5.0.5 media. If I can find a 5.0.6, I may try it.
Creating SCO OpenServer floppy media

1 Like

@jgt....that must be what I remembered but it was so long ago it was a deep and distant memory. Brilliant. Thanks. That might help the OP.

I fought a battle long ago with the 5.0.5 boot floppy. As supplied, it is corrupt and the solution was to use a 5.0.4 boot floppy. This was confirmed by the Compuserve support group for SCO stuff, primarily JPR.

---------- Post updated at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous update was at 10:26 AM ----------

5.0.6 CD from my XP has an images directory, with a boot directory under it, and 4 boot images in there.

This from a copy of my original set.

Also have the boot loader that I could image if needed.

1 Like

@edfair.....Yea, right! That's great. Let's see if the OP responds to that. Nice one.

We are in the process of converting from Physical to Virtual and are in need of the media as well. I have done quite a bit of searching (both online and off) for the media, all to no avail.

Would it be possible to get them from you as well?

Thank you

Send me an email from your corporate domain name (not yahoo,gmail,hotmail). You can find my email address through my profile.

Thanks to jgt, we have the media to install the system, yay! Next problem is now licensing, which is a common problem I'm sure when moving one of these systems over to a new host.
For background, we are virtualizing a customer device (failing hardware, moving off-site) and there is a corruption when re-linking the kernel when trying to make any changes to hardware.

1 Like

Thanks, hicksd8, I hadn't even started the task of looking for that yet, and somehow you know what I was going to search for....