SAMBA Refresh problem for AIX

First I need to start off by saying I've been a tech for Windows environment for almost 20 years now. With that being said, I've never touched unix/linux/aix before so all of this is new to me. If you can bare with me, I'll gladly provide any configs/logs you may need to help me.
I'm having an issue with SAMBA where the file contents are not refreshed immediately after the server (aix) changes the file. I have a program in windows that is reading a file across a SAMBA share. When I make changes to the file from the server side, the next file read still contains the old stale data content. If I read the file about 30 seconds later, the new content is displayed. My question is, is there any way to force these data to update immediately?
I've read somewhere that adding "refresh = 1" to the config file would do the trick but that doesn't seem to be working and isn't recognized by "testparm" anyway. I've also read that adding "kernel oplocks = yes" would do the trick but no go on that either.
Here is everything I can think to include:

AIX version 6.1
smbclient -V = Version 3.6.9-cdc-4.5.5-222
smb.conf global section:
[global]
security = ADS
realm = PFSGROUP.LOCAL
workgroup = PFSGROUP
netbios name = pfs-cubs-aix
refresh = 1
kernel oplocks = yes
auth methods = guest, sam, winbind, ntdomain
machine password timeout = 0
passdb backend = tdbsam:/etc/samba/private/passdb.tdb
change notify timeout = 0

I need to add that this is a centrify modified version of SAMBA to allow direct integration into their product, but they're saying this isn't their problem because the portion they modify for this doesn't affect this issue.
If there is more information necessary, please let me know and I'll add it.

I finally did get this working. It was a combination of adding the other oplocks parameter (oplocks = no) along with adding the "csc policy = disable" to my shares. After adding those to the server I actually had to reboot any clients that had accessed the shares previously. Once rebooted, they all started refreshing immediately and working perfectly.