running Multiple terminals/shells

Hi, I'm looking for a way to send commands through multiple shells/terminals (not sure which is proper syntax). Basically, I have to open 3 different shells/terminals and run separate parts of a program suite in each of them. I find this annoying. The commands I have to do are simple, and could be scripted if they all ran in the same shell/terminal. What I'm looking to do is to write a script that will create 3 new shells/terminals using either gnome-terminal or xterm, and then send commands to them from the one that I ran the script in. Is there a way to assign a tty to them as I open them or to get their tty from my script? Or will this require something more than scripting can handle?

Also, I'd like to change the window title on these to make it easier to track which is which.

Thanks

EDIT: I need to do this in bash

Use remote shell (rsh) or secure shell (ssh) from a central script to run the sub commands on remote servers, even if the "remote" server is localhost. Bear in mind that the remote shells will have no interactive environment, so your passed command will have to set everything that's needed, and you'll also need to determine a method for getting output and status from the remote shells back to the master.

Hope that helps.

Jerry