Running Installp in debug mode

Is there a way I can execute an installp command in debug mode, so that I can see whats happening when a fileset is being installed or updated? (What files are being replace etc etc).

I have an installp command failing for unknown reason.

Hi,

-e <logfilename> writes into a logfile that needs to exist ...
What error do you get during install ?

Rgds
zxmaus

Hey.

Thanks for the quick response..

I need to dig in to the below error

Need to find why the installation fails for the root part.

The above error was captured through the -e option.

Are you try to upgrade/update already existing fileset? If yes did you checked for the broken filesets?

If broken filesets are there try to remove it and install it again.

which AIX version are you running?

Looks like there is something disturbing the system - my best bets would be either that it requires additional software - zlib, openssl and similar - or it is just the wrong package version for your os - eg AIX 5.2 for ssh 5 will never work since ssh 5 is made for AIX 5.3 / 6.1 and checks this.

Can you post contentof your .toc file ?

Rgds
zxmaus

Thanks for responding..

I am running AIX 5.3 TL 09.

I have upgraded openssl to 0.9.8.840 before trying the ssh upgrade which i believe is a pre re-quisite. :frowning:

---------- Post updated at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous update was at 06:46 PM ----------

Sorry I missed the toc content

ok thanks for the output.

What I would probably do now - since this looks pretty good so far - is to try to give smitty a go.

Try to install at the same time with your serverpackage the below packages (if not already there) and allow smitty to install prerequisites. It sounds weird but usually it works this way - except your package is for some reason corrupted what I would not believe since the error would be different.

openssh.base.client 5.0.0.5300
openssl.base 0.9.8.800

Good luck
zxmaus

I was able to fix this isse.

This was a library path issue. The ssl librarie (libcrypto.a) path was not defined. I added this to the LIBPATH and installation worked..

Thanks for helping

Bala