Running Applications on my desktop?.....

Hello, I am running MAC OS X PANTHER I was wandering if anyone knew how to make the desired applications run on my desktop?
I know how to do this if I make my own apps. using Realbasic, but what if I want to run CPU monitor, calender, CPU temperature, etc...?

I know there has to be a way to do this. Someone please help! Thank you, Adam.

Email address removed.

you cant post a thread in every single forum, all you do is clutter up the forums and confuse everyone else. please BEFORE posting ANYTHING read all of the RULES (Simple rules of the UNIX.COM forums:)
of unix.com

you will also notice that posting your email address is not allowed. there is a good reason for this that i dont feel like retyping, ITS IN THE RULES! read them please.

I seem to be full of (hey! ) confused responses today.

What do you mean by "run on your desktop?"

There is a program called "Real-basic." It allows you to create new programs. Well, once you create a program with it, you can go in and rewrite the code so that when that app. is running, it runs on your desktop. The app. runs behind all of your open windows and will not disturb you while you are on your computer. I have seen screen shots of other peoples computers running apps. on their desktop. I am trying to see if I can find someone that knows a little bit about script writing, or if there is a program that allows you to do this sort of thing. Thank you for your reply-

Yeah. I know what Real-Basic is. It's a programming environment that is reportedly easier to work with than C++.

It sounds like what you are describing is a faceless background app, but you mentioned running CPU monitor and such.

If a regular standalone gui application is what you are talking about, then just create the gui elements, link 'em up to your code, compile, and run the app.

if you want another application in the foreground, just launch that other app and/or click it's icon in the dock.

I must still be missing something.

Maybe try contacting the Real-Basic folks.

I think what you said here is what I'm trying to do, "If a regular standalone gui application is what you are talking about, then just create the gui elements, link 'em up to your code, compile, and run the app."

Yeah, the idea apps. I want to run is, cpu monitor and cpu temp, and calendar. Can you tell me how specifically how to do this?

Thanks again for your time. i dont know a lot about script writing, but it's starting to interest me more.

so i take it you just want to run these applications? try searching here: http://osx.freshmeat.net/

Thanks Norsk,
That website has a lot of good stuff!
-Adam

no problem. :slight_smile: