Running a command in a new process?

Hello
I'm using GNU screen for an application that I'm making. I will try to explain:

This application opens 2 screen session, A and B. Screen session A has a script running in teh first window. I want to be able to switch from screen session A to screen session B, from the script running in session A (a convenience for the user)

The problem is: when ever I try to make screen B appear (screen -d -r B -- i've also tried screen -d A && screen -d -r B), it attaches as a child of screen session A (so now B is a subscreen of A) - where I'm actually intending to disconnect from session A, and show the user session B. I need to run these commands as if they were entered from outside of screen, but i'm not sure how to do that (somehow create a new process to run those commands in)

any ideas?

thanks!

---------- Post updated at 06:31 AM ---------- Previous update was at 05:52 AM ----------

I realize that its hard to properly explain what it is I need.. I whipped up a quick example...

start.sh:

#!/bin/bash                                                                     

#create session A                                                               
screen -d -m -S A -t "SessionA-1" $HOME/monitor.sh                              

#and give it an extra tab..                                                      

screen -r A -X screen -t "SessionA-2"                                           

#give it a hardstatus line so we can see which session we're in                 

screen -r A -X hardstatus on                                                    
screen -r A -X hardstatus alwayslastline                                        
screen -r A -X hardstatus string '%{= kG}[ %{G}%H %{g}][%= %{= kw}%?%-Lw%?%{r}(%
{W}%n*%f%t%?(%u )%?%{r})%{w}%?%+Lw%?%?%= %{g}][%{B} %d/%m %{W}%c %{g}]'  

#create sessionB                                                                

screen -d -m -S B -t "SessionB-1"                                               

screen -r B -X screen -t "SessionB-2"                                           

#give it a hardstatus line so we can see which session we're in                 

screen -r B -X hardstatus on                                                    
screen -r B -X hardstatus alwayslastline                                        
screen -r B -X hardstatus string '%{= kG}[ %{G}%H %{g}][%= %{= kw}%?%-Lw%?%{r}(%
{W}%n*%f%t%?(%u )%?%{r})%{w}%?%+Lw%?%?%= %{g}][%{B} %d/%m %{W}%c %{g}]'         

# now show session A to the user                                                

screen -r A -p 0     

monitor.sh

#!/bin/bash                                                                     
echo " I'm going to show you session B in 10 seconds...."                       

sleep 10                                                                        

screen -r B && screen -d A  

put those both in your home folder and run ./start.sh

What happens: After 10 seconds, screen B is opened within screen A

What I want to happen: After 10 seconds, screen A is disconnected, and screen B is then shown to the user (not as a child of screen A)

so I'm sure this line is the problem:
screen -r B && screen -d A
I need it to run as a new process outside of screen.... any thoughts?

You're using 2 screen sessions when maybe you just want 2 screen windows inside of 1 session?

Either way your example did not work for me, but maybe you want to issue a

screen -S B -X detach

I'd assume you'd need this invoked from outside the screens to continue onward with an attach..