Run .exe inside shell script

I have to run some shell scripts in Windows using Cygwin. I am able to achieve that using

%BASH% --login -i "/cygdrive/d/script.sh"

, where %BASH% is an environment variable in Windows set to

C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe

I have a created a Cygwin environment variable

$EXE_PATH = /cygdrive/d/somepath/dir

. Inside my script the line is

$EXE_PATH/some.exe -f /cygdrive/d/password.txt

There is error in this line every time I run the script. Error is something to do with the

some.exe/password.txt 

not being found.
If I run the same command from the Cygwin terminal, it works fine. Is there something wrong with the environemnt variable or the way exe is executed, because of its argrument list? is this the right way to execute an exe inside a shell script?

---------- Post updated at 05:35 AM ---------- Previous update was at 05:31 AM ----------

#!/bin/sh
echo simple shell script
echo $EXE_PATH
$EXE_PATH/runube -f password.txt DVRP910 *ALL R0006P XJDE0001 QBATCH B #H S //NASRVNY/NY_02 --- this doesn't work
cat $TESTLEELA/password.txt --- this line works
$EXE_PATH/runube -f /path/to/password.txt DVRP910 *ALL R0006P XJDE0001 QBATCH B #H S //NASRVNY/NY_02

You need a full explicit path to the password file.

i tried /cygdrive/d/password.txt . That doesnt work either.

---------- Post updated at 07:59 AM ---------- Previous update was at 06:36 AM ----------

Is this a problem with cygdrive ?? Is there anything else I can use to refer the path instead for cygdrive like mapping the D: drive or something

Yes, try the literal Windows path. The cygdrive path might not matter until you're actually inside Cygwin.