rhel installation

hi,

i'm using rhel 5 .......we need to install RHEL 5 in many system and also we need install limited packages, for that we have to select the required packages will installing, this is very hectic( selecting packages).......so is there any option to make our own bootable DVD by seleting requried rpms from linux CD.............

If I were you, I would recommend kickstart. You don't have to create your own DVD or CD. You create a config script, which you already have as a baseline in /root/ called anaconda.cfg

There is a pretty good Kickstart GUI configuration utility available in RHEL. See /usr/sbin/system-config-kickstart. You may have to install it on your system as it is an optional package.

i tried using kickstart file , it is working fine........but for selecting packages i have added what is required( under %packages).......but it is insalling some extra packages which are not installing if i select packages manually(interactive installation)......

The Satellite package that RedHat sells is fantastic for kickstarting and managing RHEL hosts. You can do custom package channels for patch lifecycle management, and also centrally manage configuration files.

hi padow

i'm not getting what ur telling ....could u please explain in detail

See Red Hat Network for more information