RHEL 5.5 on VMBOX

I am currently working with 2 virtual machines (VirtualBox), my plan is to configure a kickstart for rhel 5.5 on one and using the other to install it too.

The problem I have having is the machines do not talk to one another ?!

I am running ubuntu 10.04 with (2 VMboxes) that do not talk to eachother, I enable apache on one of them and it works perfectly locally "in the vmbox" but outside nothing? any ideas? no firewall enabled ect..

Thank You

Have you tried setting up your virtual NICs with bridging instead of the default?

As a different approach you can clone your VDI file.

The NIC's on both are bridged already by default.

---------- Post updated at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous update was at 06:07 PM ----------

What do you mean by clone VDI? How would that help? sorry not following ..

If the purpose of the exercise is to create two "identical" instances of a virtual machine, you can install the first one normally and then clone the VDI file (VirtualBox Disk Image) associated with that VM.

It's usually faster than installing the OS again (even with a KS file).

Update to my project,

The purpose it not to create identical images, basically I have 1 RHEL 5.5 VM machine with a ISO image on a share, I want to be able to boot on a second machine which is a "blank" VMBOX and install RHEL using a KS file off the LAN.. so far I see the RHEL 5.5 "added routing/gateways" but I need to enable something on the RHEL 5.5 Machine, that says discover me "like RIS back in the Windows 2000 days" what is the name of that package?

Thanks for all the help!! This is great..

Hello,

I've been doing some reading and still can not pin point the agent I require to run during a pxe boot on another machine will pickup the hosting RHEL.

Any ideas?

So far I figured out I need to install TFTP on the Server! does this make sense?

Yes, TFTP is required if you want to boot the other server using PXELINUX.

It sound likes you want to do an install of your 2nd system from the 1st system using PXE. Is this correct?