RHEL 4.7 Shellshock patching

Hello Linux Gurus,

Need some help in Shellshock patching for Redhat EL 4.7, This systems doesn't have support and no redhat Subscription to download rpm's, is there any other alternate way to download packages as no support and no Redhat account?

I need to install shellshock packages to address some security vulnerabilities. Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks and Regards
Shekar

So you want our help to get Red-Hat software for free? :eek: How did you get the licence to install it in the first instance?

You would be best to talk to Red-Hat to see if you qualify for some free support and patches. If not, you should pay for it. It's not expensive.

Robin

Thanks Robin for reply, Ha ha I don't need your help to get the free software, I am looking for other alternate way, I know there wont be any shortcuts to get system updated, but checking :).

Once again Thanks for the reply and have a great day ahead.

Thanks and Regards
Shekar

I downloaded the bash-3 GNU source and its patches, and compiled it on one RH4 system. AFAIR using this instruction.

2 Likes

Thanks "MadeInGermany", I've read this blog only concern is they are providing rpm packages with ".sig" format which might got tampered.