Retrieving printer queue properties

Hi everyone!

I've been stuck with a job I'm struggling with. A while back we loaded a large number of printer queues into our AIX environment through smit. Since then some of the details have gone astray, including full details on the older printer queues. I need to gather together details on all printers in our AIX system, and though I know they have to be somewhere, I'm having trouble finding certain details. I need to get the printer port, driver, queue type (HP JetDirect, etc) and paper orientation (portrait, landscape). I'm trying to script this and turn out a csv file. I can handle all of that myself, but I'm struggling to find sources for all this data. Any help anyone can providewould be greatly appreciated.

You might want to check the file "/etc/qconfig" and see which information this provides. If you still need additional information about your print queues report back and we will see what we can do for you.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

1 Like

Hi Bakunin,

Thanks for that. qconfig at least got me a link between the queue name and the port number and comm type (HP JetDirect), which is further along than i was before. I now need to find the driver/model of the printer and the default paper orientation. I've gone through the resources I can find, and I seem to be able to retrieve every little bit of information about these printers except for these two items. :wall:

Is there anywhere this information is to be had?

---------- Post updated at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:40 PM ----------

Ah, there's some more of it!

lsvirprt -d<device name> -q<printer queue name> -a mt

That returns the driver name