Reset ILOM from cmd line

One of our T5220 console is not working & unable to login to ILOM , but system is up & running . is there a way to reset ILOM from command line ?

What's wrong with the console?

Hi.

And can you not get to the LOM using the escape #. from the console (or is ILOM not the same as "normal" LOM?)

console is not responding , #. is not responsive too ...i able to ssh to the system . Spoke to SUN , as per them the way to fix is unplug the powercable & leave it for few minutes & then poweron the system . i m trying to find a way to save the downtime .

I forgot to ask: if the server is running why do you actually need to connect to the console or LOM?

(with the benefit of hindsight that maybe wasn't the brightest question. A more apt question would have been: when did you first notice the problem, and what might have changed since the last time you could connect to LOM?)

is the web gui of the system working? if so, you can reset the ilom from there.

Scottn ,

The server is up & running , but console access is more important as i dont sit in data centre .

DukeNuke2 ,

Could you please explain , how do we reset in GUI , may be i can import the GUI display thro ssh .

Thx

just point your web browser to your ilom ip and see if you can login... thats all.

T-series..... its a common problem.. you will need to get a downtime to upgrade the firmware. Good that your system is up now. What if suddenly, its not responsive at all?
Be safe than sorry :wink: