Rescued, an A.D.D.S Regent 25? Unix terminal from 1980, need help please :o)

Hi all

I was at work the other day and had my regular look inside the room where computers go to die. To my amazement, near the

bottom of the pile, mostly buried, was an old computer, which turned out to be a working Aquired Digital Data Services

Regent 25 (not sure if it is a 25 or another). Anyway, after help from the YouTube community, I am finally getting the

parts needed to wire it up to the laptop and run an emulated bsd to get it working as a terminal. The problem I still face

is that I have absolutely no technical data / user manuals for the system. If anybody could help in this area, it would be

most appreciated.

I have created both a video on YouTube about the system but as this is my first post, can't post the link so just search "Rescued adds regent" on YouTube and it should come up (2nd video down) :o)

Any help appreciated,

Steve :o)

Hey, checked your video. Great!

Best of luck with the system. Sorry, I didn't seem to get any information about this oldie!! :b:

Hi all, you may remember that I picked up an ADDS Regent 25 from where I worked a while ago.

Well, I've been trying to connect it up to the laptop so that the laptop can act as a server for it.

I've just finished making a cable for it, I connected the DB25 EIA loop of the ADDS to a serial DB9 connector using a null modem connection then into a usb convertor. At this point, the laptop should recognise that something is attached, but nothing at all. I've tested the cable for continuity, that seems to work.

Current dipswitch settings: Line mode off, parity = even, line feed =0, baud is 111 (9600) :o)

Any ideas would be appreciated :o)

Steve