Request: Compile Earlier Version of XTIDE and upload XTTPD binary on 64 bit Linux

Can someone try to compile this older version of xtide (attached) on 64-bit Intel/Linux and upload the xttpd binary? I have a friend who needs an older version up and running because the newer version does not support his required harmonic files.

Thanks!

I've got it compiled, but my truly pathetic upload rate from here means it may be a while before I can post it.

1 Like

Here's just the exec.

1 Like

Do you have a link to libpng14? Or can you upload the missing shared lib below?:

moondog@www:/tmp# ./xttpd 9999
./xttpd: error while loading shared libraries: libpng14.so.14: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
moondog@www:/tmp# aptitude search libpng
v   libpng-dev                      -                                           
p   libpng-sixlegs-java             - Sixlegs Java PNG Decoder                  
p   libpng-sixlegs-java-doc         - Documentation for Sixlegs Java PNG Decoder
i A libpng12-0                      - PNG library - runtime                     
v   libpng12-0-dev                  -                                           
i   libpng12-dev                    - PNG library - development                 
p   libpng3                         - PNG library - runtime                     
v   libpng3-dev                     -                                           
p   libpnglite-dev                  - lightweight C library for loading and writ
v   libpngwriter                    -                                           
v   libpngwriter-dev                -                                           
p   libpngwriter0-dev               - easy to use graphics library (development)
p   libpngwriter0c2                 - easy to use graphics library (runtime)     
moondog@www:/tmp# aptitude search libpng14
moondog@www:/tmp# 

Or maybe compile with static libs?

Thanks!

Trying, but it exceeds the upload quota. Will go through and delete some of my old attachments...

---------- Post updated at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:36 AM ----------

I'm not willing to delete any of my attachments that are large enough to matter, so here's a link:

http://burningsmell.org/xttpd.gz

1 Like

Thanks! The new (old!) xtide server is up and running here!

Do you mind if Adventure Divers Pattaya puts up a link here --- Acknowledgements | Adventure Divers Pattaya Thailand --- to your web site on their acknowledgements page for helping with this project?

Also, if you are are interested in scuba diving, you now know where you can get some free diving or diving lessons for your hard work :slight_smile:

Thanks again!

The link's appreciated. :slight_smile: Thanks.

OK, link done!

... and have a million bonus Bits from me as another way of saying "thanks" for xttpd and all your great posts and contributions over the years :slight_smile: