Replicate CPU load to other processors in server

Hi Folks,

We have 6 processors in our sun server. I do see that CPU usage by one of the processor is always more than 70-80% and for remaining 5 processors, its only 20%. Is there a way to delegate the excess CPU load on one of the processors in server to other processors in same server? Is there any command in Solaris or linux to do the same? Do we have to use any third party tool to accomplish the same?

Assuming the workload is mainly due to a single-threaded process, what you observe is an expected behavior.
Spreading its load would likely make that process run slightly slower which I guess isn't what you want.

Yes, I do not want the processes to run slightly slowly. I want the processes which are in queue for one processor should be taken care by other processors in the same server. Please do let me know if you need any clarification

What makes you believe some processes are stuck in one CPU run queue ?

Please provide some material to investigate. "vmstat", "prstat -m" and "mpstat" outputs would be a good start.

Also "pbind -Q" and "psrset -i" would tell if your system has some specific configuration.