Repair windows 8.0 ntfs partition

I have a 1TB HD, suspect it had bad sectors and blocks...

it was pre-installed with windows 8.0..

I was able to boot up ubuntu and looked at the partitions and run a badblocks comand to verify secotors, after getting a serious of Input and Output errors mounting the partition and doing any IO..

I have heard this might be fixed by forcing the chkdsk run on a windows 8.x or 7.x environement, it might move the files off the bad blocks to the good one, or some kind of disk doctor functions..

I wonder if it could be done using a windows 8.x boot CD and/or some other external tools.

Yes, you can use you original Windows 8 install media. Just boot into repair mode and run chkdsk.

I don't think it is that simple, or I am missing soomething..

I boot up unbuntu desktop 15 and managed to run ntfsfix and badblocks -v to convince myself the hdd with windows 8.0 hung , there are bad sectors and blocks

So I boot up a windows 8.0 cd, the system hung after loading up the front window page..

I have no issues booting up any unix variants, including redhat, unbuntu and centos, and see the devices.

I am guessing any windows boot disk would stall once it detects I have a problem with an existing hdd..

it would be good if I could boot up windows 7 or 8, and force a chkdsk on this drive and see...