Removing "Failed none for" error messages from sshd logs files

We have a number of system running the same patch level, OS version and sshd version. The systems also have the same sshd config and syslog.conf entries , however one of the systems keeps logging the following message everytime someone logs in:

Nov 16 09:36:02 server389 sshd[22753]: [ID 800047 local2.notice] Failed none for jonesh from 10.2.79.221 port 1364 ssh2

Running Solaris 5.10 Generic_139555-08 and sshd version SSH-2.0-Sun_SSH_1.1.1

anyone know how to stop sshd from logging the "failed none for" messages for every ssh login?

The strange thing is this is only occuring on one system that has the same config as all the other that are not logging this message.

I have no idea what your problem is but if the want to work around then can try this old hack by removing the message and replacing with something else. May cause instability so backup all the binaries first.

The originator was Perderabo, I just field tested it.

The problem is this log entry is generated everytime someone successfully logs in:

Nov 16 09:36:02 server389 sshd[22753]: [ID 800047 local2.notice] Failed none for jonesh from 10.2.79.221 port 1364 ssh2

This causes logsurfer to send of 100's of e-mails every day.

How can sshd be stopped from logging this message?

This only occurs on one server - the other server have the same log level config, sshd config, pam config, sshd version etc. so its odd that only this system is logging these messages.

---------- Post updated at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:13 AM ----------

thanks - I will have a look.

I was wondering if Mr. Webster was able to resolve his problem with the "failed none for" messages filling syslog everytime someone successfully authenticates. I'm having the same issue.