Remoute hosted UNIX/Linux Machine Free

Hi Comrades,

I am interested if there is the global internet network I can find free access to the Linux or unix server to create the own account to have some practice.

Thanks a lot for your advice and comments.

BR,
Dembi

Swaboda, Tovarish! ;-))

Historically there were such services and, years ago, i stumbled upon a few of them eventually. Today it is perhaps way easier to install some virtualisation software and create a virtual system running Linux or even use one of the many "live systems" some distributions offer and install this to a USB stick, then boot your system from this stick.

For instance, here is this process described for Ubuntu, which is commonly regarded as beginner-friendly. Personally i don't like it that much, but that doesn't mean it won't work for you.

If you are like me and dislike Ubuntu you can perhaps find similar processes described for Fedora, CentOS, SuSe, Debian, MintLinux and a few others. For the long term use and when you are proficient with Linux i recommend to use ArchLinux, but again: this is personal preference and i won't say it is "better" - it just suits me and my style more. You might arrive at different conclusions.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

1 Like

You can use amazon AWS EC2 to create a free tier linux instance. Note that the free time does expire.