remote startup of login & sessions

Hello All,

I would like to know if anyone has done or has information on how to start a workstation up form another remote station. For example I am sitting at station A and I want to start up a session on station B, setting display to output on station B "0.0". Here is the tricky part station B in not logged in, ie waitting for a user to log on. I can at this point start up things in that station if a user is logged in, and ensure that the display will show up there. But I can't startup a xsession and window manager. I'm running Solaris 8 system. THANKS

If you put your workstation in a Terminal Concentrator, like Anexx, you can start a telnet session to the serial port of the workstation B, and start it...

Witt

witt,

I think that I did not explain my situation nor what I am trying to do well. Let me try again. For example when Solaris 8 is on an no one is logged on. You would see the DT login window manager. Atfer you have sucessfully login with the correct password and username. You get to start your Xsession. What I'm trying to do is start up an Xsession from another station ie NOT FORM CONSOLE. I would like to start up my Xsession on this machine without having to go through the Dt login manager. Simply put I like to start up an Xasession without having to go throught the Dt login manager. THANKS