regd.sunblade 100

hii alll

i have a problem with my sunblade100. when i switch on, no display comes but if i ping from a remote machine its pinging,but iam not able to telent to that sun server,what can be the problem,how can i sort ot this issue

2 thing in usb iam not able to use STOP N (to clear the NVRAM) is there any other way to use this function in usb keyboard its very urgent .

REGDS
SOLARIS

first of all, the stop functions also works on usb-coutrykits.....

when you power on your mashine is there also no display??
if not, have you tried to connect to the "server" threw an serial-console... sun always has an open console...

if you try to connect via telnet as root, you had had to modify your /etc/default/login, on default remote rootlogins aren't allowed.....

waiting for response

greetings Pre�y

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that Sun machines on powerup look at the keyboard port. If something is plugged in it assumes the console is a keyboard and monitor locally connected. If it doesn't see any keyboard, it redirects console input/output to serial port "A".

In order to use a console connection, I believe you'll have to unplug your keyboard.

Cheers,

Keith

Ok..

Right now im working for a authorized implamentation company that Sun works with. Right now we use a terminal-console to setup and run tests on the machines to make sure that they pass a QA test. No local keyboard or pointing device is required on the local machine. The local machine would only need to have a monitor hooked up along with a terminal remotely.

The user above is right the BASE Unix systems also (a.k.a. linux or freebsd) will not allow a root to login remotely without the system files edited. This is for security reasons.