regarding linux

Hello sir
I am new to this forum.
I want to learn linux.
What to do?

If there are no colleges near you that offer Unix classes or you do not want to pay to take one, you can either buy a book on Linux from just about any book store. Often these books will contain a CD with a Linux distribution and enough info to get it installed and running. You will probably also want to buy a generic Unix book. If you still don't want to pay for a book, there are thousands of websites with information on Linux plus distributions. Redhat, debian, mandrake, caldera are just a few. Redhat is usually the most popular distribution for new comers to Linux. Try these sites to get started:

http://www.linux.org

They have tons of docs and downloads. You can branch out from there.

Please search this site. You can find a great deal here. Just search for "tutorials", "download", "newbie".

Here is one. Learning Unix & Linux

Also, go to the FAQ page. You will find links for downloads in posts and advice on UNIX. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions - UNIX and Linux Forums

if you are *completely* new to linux i also suggest the following:

Linuxworld.com.au - read all the how-tos here.

LinuxNewbie.org - this is largely a help forum, but has a lot of good beginner style help documents too.

NewToLinux.org.uk - This is a nice friendly site with some good basic tutorials and a discussion forum.

Check this site. They might have local chapters in your city.

If you are near Bangalore, the following is offerinf courses.