Red Hat UNIX

:confused: Help,
Can anyone help me, I am trying to install two different OS on one computer. I want to to install Red Hat UNIX on a computer that is also running Windows XP. Can I do that? Is that possible?

Yes, you can do that. You'll need to have a partition large enough for RH Linux to do so, if you don't you can use partition magic to resize your existing windows partition to make room. After that it's just a case of booting from the CD, configuring and selecting the correct partition during the install and your done. GRUB will let you boot to whichever OS you want.

If you have never done a Linux install before I would suggets backing up your Windows machine just incase something goes wrong with theinstall and you can't boot into Windows. It can happen if you select the wrong configuration etc.

GRUB will let you boot into either O/S though so will LILO (you'll get use to the names and what they mean).

there is a variety of 3rd party applications for making partitions visible for both XP & Linux installation. Partitionmagic is one of them..

1 Like

QQ 272757521

:smiley:
If you mean Redhat linux, it ok. Just run the boot CD and follow the instructions.

RTFM! GNU GRUB Manual 2.06

you can install two OS on a system. check for non dos partition on your hard drive.It should have atleast 2-3 GB's free. if non dos partitoin is not available then create it.
install XP first and then Red Hat Unix on the system.