Red Hat Linux Boot Problems

Hi. I have an 81 gig hard drive and split it up into 2 partitions. One for linux and the other for windows. I had my windows up and running and it was doing fine. Then i started my linux. I go Red Hat Linux out and installed it on the partition. This all worked out well. However, when i rebooted the little Red Hat linux Graphic came up and asked which OS to boot. There was only ONE OS and that was Linux! There was no windows. So I went into LILO and tryed to make windows appear on that Graphic thing but whenever i modified LILO it gave me somekind of error, but i ignored it and changed the boot Image thing. Then i rebooted yet nothing had changed.

Could someone please help me here?
Thanks!

Have you concidered a diffrent boot manager? I use sbm (Smart Boot Manager) since lilo will not boot my 2 os's properly.

Well i guess i could give that a try but where can i get it?

When lilo gives you an error, it usually won't make the change. What was the exact error? Have you tried using liloconf (if it's installed...) ?
And is windows the first partition, or is your Linux partition?

Windows is on hda3 and linux is on hda1. I was trying to configure the LILO in KDE and when i changed something and pushed ok it would come up with this error telling me to probe for it and when i clicked probe it would crash.

SBM is OS independant so it compiles on linux or windows. Even gives you cd-rom boot for systems that don't suport it. Here is the link off of Freshmeat.net for it.

Ok thanks! I think this boot manager will do the trick! Thanks again!

No prob. Let me know how it turns out.

yep this boot manager thing works great! Thanks so much for telling me about it!

wen you have the boot partition after the 1023 cilinder of the hd, lilo can't start the system. you may have to include the lba32 option in you lilo configuration.

boot you linux with the floppy disk.
edit the /etc/lilo.conf file(you must be root).
you must remplase the line that says linear with lba32.
then run: # lilo -v to write the changes in your master boot record.
reboot

or try typing /sbin/lilo
you will see something similiar like this
Added Window *
Added Linux *
Added Hda1

It means it allready save whatever that you save after editing /etc/lilo.conf or before you edit the lilo.conf you may try this. might works. Then reboot and try the Lilo again.