Red Hat kickstart from DVD?

Hello,

I've spent 4-6 hours searching on Red Hat's website and googling looking for this and haven't found anything. But I can't believe it isn't there so I'm wondering if anybody knows where I can find the information.

We are trying to set up kickstart through a DVD for use in remote offices. We have a kickstart server which works great at our main office. We just toss in a boot cd which gets the system in contact with the kickstart server and half an hour later we have a bootable RHEL3 box. We would like to put all that onto a DVD so that somebody at a remote office that can't boot off our network can just boot from the DVD and kickstart the box from that same DVD.

I know you can create a kickstart boot CD, then manually put in the installation CDs one at a time. There must be a way to put all those CD images on one DVD and have it do the install without having to swap CDs like that. Or maybe you could just dump the package directory and ks.cfg file from our network kickstart server to a DVD as an alternative way to do it. But I can't find a set of instructions for doing either of those.

Anybody have a link or document on how this can be done?

Thanks,
Ralph

Hey,

I was able to set up a kickstart from a dvd with the help of an online shell script i found. The script takes in the Red Had iso's as input and creates one large iso you can burn onto dvd.

the script can easily be found by googling "mkdvdiso.sh"

Good Luck !

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll check it out.