recursive copy of the directory

I want to copy a directory recursively ( it again has directories) and the directory is on windows and is nfsmounted in vxWorks, i am using unix to develop the code for this, can any one suggest me how to copy the directories recursively.

cp -r source_DIR dest_DIR

ever you can use
cp -var <SRC_DIR> <DEST_DIR>
this is a verbose option with archive also

do you need a C program, i wonder as posted this in this forum..

I am using vxworks as an operating system, and "cp" here only will be able to copy a file.
vxWorks has function xcopy which does recursive copy, but when i use same function to copy the NFS Mounted directory(it is a directory on windows) it is not working properly.

So as an alternative i want a code which can do the same operation on vxworks based machines.

Well i think it should work fine unless you are breaching the limitations..... the maximum depth of subdirectories is 20, and at least 16 Kbytes of stack space should be available to avoid stack overflow.
Try to check it for small no of sample sub directories.. and see if it works..

Well i think it should work fine unless you are breaching the limitations..... the maximum depth of subdirectories is 20, and at least 16 Kbytes of stack space should be available to avoid stack overflow.
Try to check it for small no of sample sub directories.. and see if it works..

Should be said: vxWorks isn't Unix.