"Permission Denied" while modifying mounted files on MAC

Hi,

I have two machines 1. MacOSx (Users --> userMac , IP - a.b.c.d)
2. FreeBSD (Users --> userBSD, IP- p.q.r.s)
I want to modify some files of FreeBSD on my MacOS. So, I mounted the FreeBSD folder on my Mac as follows.

$ sudo mount -o -P p.q.r.s:/usr/home/user /mnt/map

It successfully mounted the "/usr/home/user" directory of FreeBSD on my MAC. But when I try to modify any mounted files, it says "Permission Denied".
Please guide me to modify mounted files and folders.

Regards,
Akash Mahakode

Who are you trying to modify the files as ? root ? or another user?
What are the perm's on the files and directories on the remote machine ?

Hi,

On FreeBSD- following is the permission

drwxr-xr-x  4 userBSD  wheel        512 Jan  4 03:08 hello2

On Mac-
I will mount the above directory as userMac

-akash

I would guess that one or the other machine has to be aware of both user accounts.
While mounting the volume on the Mac is apparently an option the userMac account does not have write permissions for the files on that mounted volume.
Try mounting the volume on the mac as userBSD?
Try adding userMac (with the same userMac password) as an account on the freeBSD machine?
Try adding userBSD (with the same userBSD password) as an account on the Mac?

That's the permissions of the directory, which doesn't control whether you can modify the files inside, just create or mkdir or delete... And still doesn't tell me what permissions you have.

When you've mounted it, what do you see on that dir when you ls -ld? And the files inside?

Are you running any sort of ACLs or anything that could overwrite access? Also, your user account you are using to map this share to the BSD box, what permissions does it have?