"No Drives Found" error during Redhat Linux AS 4 installation

I'm trying to install Redhat LInux AS 4 update 4 on an IBM x306 series server. I keep getting following error:
"No Drives Found. An error has occurred - no valid devices were found on which to create new file systems. Please check your hardware for the cause of this problem."

I called IBM and they gave me the driver (.img) file that is compatible with RedHat AS 4. I burned that .img to a floppy, tried the install again usiing "linux dd", it loaded the drives but I still get the error.

The server has an adaptec scsi card. I'm thinking my next step is to get teh adaptec drivers? But i don't know if that's true, and which drivers to get and how. Ibm confirmed that Redhat AS 4 update 4 is compatible with the ibm x306 series. Any help would be appreciated.

Plug an IDE drive in, install the system on that then transfer it across to the SCSI drives.

Hi,

I got the same problem while installation. Can you check the configuration of your machine it must be configured before installation (RAID 1+0 etc).

And better way is to go for fomart file system and then configure with above RAID option. hope it will work.

Best of luck !