"last" in perl vs "break" elsewhere

Is there a functional difference between the two statements?

perldoc -f last
last    The "last" command is like the "break" statement in C (as used in loops); it immediately exits the loop in question.

otherwise known as: not the answer to my question.

Honestly, 90% of your posts here seem to be "RTFM" rephrased.

There is no major difference in semantics - the innermost control block wherein the last keyword executes, is "broken out of": for and while blocks. This is logically identical to a goto in C that points to the first line of code outside a control block.

All of the variables - if they have scope outside of the control block, remain as they were when last is encountered. last does not imply a return from a sub. Unlike C's break, last is not required in a switch control block.

And do remember, nobody posting here is required to give any answers at all. Try perlmonks if this does not answer your question. We have serveral major perlers here who also may take this further.

Well he's also not required to be an a-hole, especially when it's the result of him not paying attention to what I was asking, and I have seen other threads where his/his contribution to the thread is basically a "RTFM" meanwhile the bits accrue.

your response does answer my question though, so I thank you for your time.