"ERROR : failed to mount nfs source" Red Hat Kickstart

Hi There,

I have been googling for this error and try solution provided but still not avail to resolve Kickstart Issue.

Any expert have encounter this problem? Thanks.

Regards,
Regmaster

Hello,
I just finished setting up a kickstart PXE environment.

Are you using a cdrom || floppy for the boot portion, or PXE (Pre, Execution, Environment) to start your install ?

Things to check. Are you able to mount the export share that you are exporting out via NFS on another system?

What is the contents of:

/etc/exports

Here is what mine looks like:

[root@kickstart ~]# cat /etc/exports 
/export *(rw,sync)

Also have you recycled the NFS service on the server that is exporting out the installation tree and kickstart file?

Run:

[root@kickstart ~]# exportfs 
/export       	<world>

To confirm the share is exported.

jaysunn

thanks jaysunn,

its PXE boot. I post screenshot for you.

It does not happen previously, just after we reboot the server than we facing this problem. our nfs is on netapp filer. I am not familiar with netapp filers.

thanks again.

PXE / kickstart installs needs to have the following services.

TFTP, NFS-HTTP-CDROM-FLOPPY, DHCP.

TFTP - This is needed to deliver the pxelinux.o binary for the boot process.
NFS or HTTP or CDROM or FLOPPY - This is needed to deliver the installation tree and kickstart file.
DHCP - This is needed for the ack request to inform the NIC card of the installation server.

If I understand you correctly you are using a netapp filer to export via NFS the installation tree and kickstart file. When you say you reboot the server, are you speaking of the DHCP or TFTP server?

This will help us to diagnose this issue.

jaysunn

1 Like

Hi Jaysunn,

The issue some how solve by itself, I guess there could some error with network filer and we are still finding the RCA for this.

Thank you very much for your advice, it was very valuable for us to diagnose the error.

Regards,
Regmaster.
Junior Linux Administrator