Questions about /usr/local/bin & scripts.

Hi gentlemen.
For what intended is the directory /usr/local/bin? In this directory are some script.
I don't understand how these scripts being in this directory are started.
Each time after registration of the user occurs start of these scripts. These scripts start applications.

this directory is not there by default on the OS. its user created.
check ls -l on the scripts and see where the softlinks are pointing to. or either, its triggered by cronjobs, perhaps

Normally the 3 rd party applications are installed in /usr/local . Soit could be any 3 rd party application.ie - openssl

The directory does not contain any symbolic link.:mad:
Only:
start scripts for applications; xemacs; xf; wish; wish3.6; wish8.0; g++; gcc;
etc.

Third party application shouldn't actually install in /usr/local as /usr belongs to the OS, not external stuff according to the SVR4 standard. I know sunfreeware.com releases packages that do so but they are breaking Solaris rules.
Third party applications should install in /opt/<app_name> or similar, /var/opt/<app name> and /etc/opt/<app name>.

---------- Post updated at 12:46 ---------- Previous update was at 12:46 ----------

Why should it ?

Then that starts scripts?

If by registration, you mean login, then they are started by the profile scripts. Nothing special here.

I checked .login already and found nothing.

---------- Post updated at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:59 PM ----------

I checked .login and found nothing.

/usr/local/bin/start_application - start the application in user home directory.

sequence:

1. User login.
  2. Start OpenWindows.
  3. Start cmdtool and cmdtool (Console).
  4. Start user application (automatically).