Question about X fonts

Hi all!
Why the cyrillic fonts which are inside the application window (Openwindows, CDE) displays correct, and the cyrillic font which are top of window (CaptionBar) displays not correct?

This is caption of window.

!#*?":"^&

Educated guess? Whatever it is that's in your OS that enables displaying non-Western characters in window title bars/captions isn't itself enabled for Cyrillic. You may be missing a library or a package or two. The application has it (many do -- web browsers will often 'parse' a language and display it correctly when nothing else you have installed will do so), but whatever drives the software's title bars doesn't, or isn't correctly configured to handle some languages.

Some of the older-style, rxvt- and xterm-derived terminal emulators have configuration files that you can edit to enable displaying non-Western characters in caption areas, either one at a time or two or three at a go. I'm not familiar, myself, with how to edit such files to do such enabling, but I would guess someone else on this Forum may be able to help you further. Before too long.

BZT