Prototyping New Responsive Mobile UNIX.COM

I'm working on updates to the mobile phone view, and it's going to look much better I think. Here are some current prototypes:

Prototype Mobile Home Page:

Prototype Mobile Search Page:

More to come tomorrow....

3 Likes

Every page will be redesigned step-by-step.

When I get time today, I will redesign the mobile "who is online" page. Then, I plan to redesign how posts and threads are displayed.

This is going to be fun project to get the forums looking good in mobile!

PS: I have decided to also redesign all the man pages so they look great on mobile as well. That way anyone can easily read man pages on the mobile when working.

Looks good. One thought I have seen with some pages designed for mobile usage - that there is a choice (defaulted to mobile) for how user wishes to view the pages. This would allow a user to click and access in 'classic' mode, for whatever reasons the user may have.
While helping someone with one of our mobile apps, I was trying to explain where to find things on the screen (while I was on my pc and she was on her phone) when I realized things are different. I had her switch to 'classic' so we could determine if it was an access right issue (ability to see expected options) or an issue of the 'mobile' app.
Just a suggestion, although unsure if this is possible.

This feature already exists in the browser tool bar (right side, top) in all modern mobile browsers.

1 Like

Here is the Who Is Online Mobile Prototype:

Moving on to another page .... :slight_smile:

For this page, I plan to add user avatars (user pics) to this page in the future (TODO).

Here is the Prototype Mobile Forum User Info Page:

Here is the prototype for "new topics" on mobile:

Here is the "thread search results" mobile prototype:

Onwards and upwards to redesign the "post" search results next, I guess.

Changed the login on mobile:

Here is the prototype of the redesigned logout results page:

Next go 'round on this, think I will work on redesigning (1) post views and (2) displaying "search for posts" results.

The maybe will redesign (3) the user registration page and fix the (4) send email and (5) send PM messaging pages.

(not necessarily in that order)

Updated:

Prototype Mobile Forum User Profile Page

Prototype Mobile Inbox:

Prototype Mobile Inbox (2):

Prototype Mobil Send Message Page:

Mobile Prototype Email Member Page 1

Mobile Prototype Email Member Page 2

Four and five prototypes done for now....

Tired. LOL

Passed Bing's Mobile Friendliness Test Tool:

Here are some man page prototypes:

The following text needs to be formatted using div and span tags.

Any volunteers to take man page text and format using PHP for mobile?

Made a "first cut" fix at the mobile man pages... not yet perfect, but better...

Need to do some additional parsing to indent in the right places and also need some code to join lines which were broken when adding the div tags with my simple script.

Here is the prototype for "showthread" page... I was going to darken the fonts a bit more, but I decided this is "good enough" for now, because there is much more to do on other pages.... entire way, it's keeping me busy, LOL ..