file(blocks) unlimited
data(kbytes) unlimited
stack(kbytes) unlimited
coredump(blocks) unlimited
nofiles(descriptors) 1024
vmemory(kbytes) unlimited

Please advice on what needs yo be done

Hi,

What are the contents of "/etc/security/limits.conf", you should be able to change this to the required value. You will have to log out and back in again.

You may also be able to run ulimit -n 4096 or something similar as the root user.

Regards

Gull04

I dont see any limits.conf file in /etc/security, also i dont want to give the user root privileges.Can anything else be done to solve the issue?

Hi,

Yes, the root user can set the privileges for the user with the ulimit command.

Regards

Gull04

Can you please give me the command to be run ? I am sorry i am a newbie , and also can u explain what the command will do ? Thanks in advance for ur help.:)

Hi,

To give an exact command, I'd need to know what OS I'm dealing with at the very least.

Regards

Gull04

Can you please give me the command to be run ? I am sorry i am a newbie , and also can u explain what the command will do ? Thanks in advance for ur help.:)

Hi,

Can you post the output of;

grep rlim_fd /etc/system

Regards

Gull04

root@server10 # grep rlim_fd /etc/system
root@server10 #

Hello ,

Its not returning any output.

[NOPARSE][/NOPARSE]

Hi,

What you will have to do is set the limits in the /etc/system file. So if you edit the file and add the following in the file.

rlim_fd_max=8192
rlim_fd_cur=2048

The system will then have to be rebooted for Solaris to pickup these values.

Regards

Gull04

Ok so then will the issue be sorted ? Thanks in advance. [NOPARSE][/NOPARSE]

Hi,

Hopefully it will run, but it is failing because it has reached a limit - there is always the possibility that it will go further and fail when it hits an other limit.

Regards

Gull04

Okay .Thanks for the help. I will take a downtime for the server and get back to you tomorrow or day after as what happened.Thanks for your help.Really appreciate it.

Hi,

Not a problem, let us know how it goes.

Regards

Gull04

Headbang , My manager says that the server cannot take a downtime.Can you help me with anyother solution please that may fix this issue atleast temporarily.Thanks .

Hi,

Can you post the output of the following;

echo 'rlim_fd_max/D' | mdb -k | awk '{ print $2 }'

Regards

Gull04

root@server10 \# echo 'rlim\_fd_max/D' | mdb -k | awk '\{ print $2 \}'

root@server10\#

The output  shows 1024.Thanks

Hi,

The maximum that you can set this to is that value, so you can run the command ulimit -n this will return the current value.

If the value is less than the 1024 returned earlier, you can run ulimit -n 1024 this will set the limit to the maximum that the system will allow.

Then you can try and start the application again - if it still fails then you will have to take the outage.

Regards

Gull04

Thanks a lot for ur help , i will try it and get back to u tomorrow.Thanks

Hello Admin kindly delete this thread and remove my name from it.Thanks