Problems with "show device" command

I have a DS25 and when i run "show device" don't appear my 'dka.....' and 'dkb....' devices, but i know they must be there, where could be the error? what can i do to see them?

I'm using Tru64

PD: Im so sorry if i repeat this Q but i really need an answer and i dunno where to ask...

try dkc and dkd...
moxxx68

moxxx 68 ur answer dont help me as much as i need, does not the Q clear?

What is the output from "show device"?

There apears all my devices like dkc.... and dkd.... but dont appear my dka... and dkb... devices that i know i have...

If you have a PCI/MCA card (HBA) properly installed into the device, then all the device attached to the 1st HBA (PCI/MCA) card would be listed as dka...and simillary for the other devices attached to the 2nd HBA (PCI/MCA) card will be lited as dkb. So, firstly ensure that you have devices installed properly. If you are sure that they are available, the try to run init again at the console and then try to list the devices attached with sho dev command ? Let me know. Can you give the list that you see on the console whe you run the show dev command?

Also, I suspect some loose contact b/w the HBA and the disks. In the show dev, if you are able to see some thing like pka and pkb, then you have the interface being detected properly. And if you have any devices physicall attached to the either pka or pkb interface cards then they would be listed either dka or dkb respectively w.r.t interface cards. But what ever it is when ever you play with any hardware, don't forget to always initizliaze the system to detect the hardware changes via., the init command and then only run the show device command.

But don't forget to update us on the status, this is a pertty much interesting and challenging stuff to work on with. :>) Happy trouble shooting.