Problems with audio recording in Audacity 2.0.5. Slackware64 14.1; Intel HD Audio.

I'm trying to record audio using Audacity 2.0.5 installed from SlackBuilds. My system is 64-bit Slackware 14.1 and a sound card is Intel HD Audio. I didn't change my sound system to OSS. (Default sound system in Slackware 14.1 is ALSA, isn't it?) First, I set Internal Microphone slider in KMix to the maximum level. It is strange, that everything, I've been saying into the microphone was immediately played. Then I opened Audacity and started recording. Audacity didn't record anything.
In Ubuntu 14.04&12.10 there wasn't such thing.

Help me solve this problem! Thanks in advance!

// Sorry for my broken English. Could you tell me, please, where are mistakes?

It sounds like you used the "playback" mixer, not the "recording" mixer. The microphone slider for the 'playback' mixer just mixes microphone audio into whatever's being played back, not into the recording input.

You need to find the microphone input in the recording mixer. Disable it in the playback one.

1 Like

THANK YOU!!11 I added "Capture" slider to KMix and set it's slider to the maximum level and now everything is working. Thank you, once again! :slight_smile:

1 Like