Problems to install gcc 7.2 on AIX 7.2

We need gcc 7.2 on AIX 7.2 and so I tried to install the rpm package from IBM (<IT Infrastructure | IBM)

The steps were as follows (I downloaded all packages from the given IBM toolbox page):

# :-)rpm -ihv gcc-7.2.0-1.aix7.2.ppc.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
        gcc-cpp = 7.2.0-1 is needed by gcc-7.2.0-1.ppc
        info is needed by gcc-7.2.0-1.ppc

The only info version is 6.3:

# :-)rpm -ihv info-6.3-1.aix6.1.ppc.rpm 
        libncurses.a(libncurses.so.6) is needed by info-6.3-1.ppc

The only ncurses version is 6.0:

# :-)rpm -ihv ncurses-6.0-1.aix6.1.ppc.rpm
        libstdc++.a(libstdc++.so.6) is needed by ncurses-6.0-1.ppc

There is no version 6.xx of libstdc++ for 7.2, only for 7.1, and, of course, I was unable to install it:

# :-)rpm -ihv libstdcplusplus-6.3.0-1.aix7.1.ppc.rpm 
        libgcc = 6.3.0-1 is needed by libstdc++-6.3.0-1.ppc
        AIX-rpm < 7.2.0.0 is needed by libstdc++-6.3.0-1.ppc

Because AIX-rpm is part of the OS, I think it's impossible to install this last package on AIX 7.2

Is it really not possible to install gcc 7.2 on AIX 7.2? Are there really packages on the IBM toolbox page which cannot be installed?

Regards
Burkhard

---------- Post updated 04-20-18 at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous update was 04-19-18 at 04:38 PM ----------

Now I took the packages from bull and all problems are solved!

Regards
Burkhard

it looks like gcc 7 is too fresh for this operation system.

n12:/home/vbe $ oslevel -r;gcc --version
7200-01
gcc (GCC) 7.2.0
Copyright (C) 2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

Satisfied?
Yes gcc 7.2 can be installed, but no one said its would be like on a linux... its not that obvious you need to READ what it says about installing, specially ALL the prerequirements which means to go through all what you have installed to see if you wont go through dependencies issues...
it installs itself just fine if all the prereqs are satisfied... But it can be at the expenses of other packages that wont work anymore ( I had a lovely firefox 64bit running, now thats a month I am trying to find how to get it working again... the good side of it, I had to get to reuse command I forgot like dump, ar etc...)
Firefox was more for me and for some utilities, GCC7.2 was a service request as its a prereq of something they needed, I knew I was going into a mess somewhere but what they want is there and working, so think hard why would you want GCC7.2 rather than a 4.8.X that gives no problem, if stuck like me because you need it because its a prereq for something else, then go ahead, and dont do like me in a panic one evening, take your time and BACKUP ALL your libs, it can save your life... I splitted my mirror rootvg, but the service for who this box is dedicated said it was not an option to rollback as for them all is working ( after suffering 2 days...), so I find myself struggling for my own needs, when I have some time to spare...