Problems fetching EMC disks to Solaris OS.

Hi,

I have a nasty little problem with my disks on my system
My system configuration is as follows
Sunv890 with sunos 9 connected tot a IBM6800 SAN using a 2port 2 GB qla2342 adapter.

We have bought a EMC SAN. The company who sold us the san, said that it would be no problem connecting the emc disk to my machine.
The problem now is that i can see the disks on my adapter, even using luns, but i can't seem to see the disks at an OS level.

I tried
reconfiguring the qla2300 adapter using qlreconfig -d qla2300 -v
devfsadm
reboot with a reconfigure

I cannot install the emc driver software, because it will make my IBM software turn crazy.

Does anyone have an idea?
Thnkz

do you have a san switch for zoning/masking?

I'm sorry, i didn't mentioned.
Yes we do have a san switch for zoning. The couldn't help me either. I't s frustrating that a can see the disks (mirrored) on my hba adapter.

so you are not seeing these under format?

what do you see for

ls -l /dev/fc/fp* 

are these seen in /etc/path_to_inst

Im sorry im having problems posting here

nothing under format

ls -l dev/fc/fp* gives me /dev/fc/fp0 -> /devices/pci@9,600000/SUNW,qlc@2/fp@0,0:devctl
And there is nothing in /etc/path_to_inst.
thnkz

Is the LUN ids populated in the sd.conf file, wwn and its target reflected correctly in the lpfc.conf file?:eek:

Hi,
The lun is populated in the sd.conf, but i can't seem te find any lpfc.conf file. Is that maybe because i'm using a qlogic hba?

thkns

Yes, if its a SUN qlogic, maybe .. so no /kernel/drv/lpfc.conf ..
did you install the lputil utility..? anything shown using the powermt display dev=all command? :frowning:

i have a feeling its not attaching the drivers.

can you give us output of modinfo?

i'm wondering about luxadm -e forcelip /dev/fc/fp0
i've never actually done this on a hba. how others worked with forcelip?

also, you don't happen to have the emulex utilities installed for emulexinfo

sorry for the late reply,

The software on the machine is whithout the software from EMC. I know what you guys maybe thinking, but EMC assured me, it should work only using the QLA2300 software from my HBA. If i would install the EMC drivers next to the IBM (F20) drivers for the disks, my system would probably crash.

So i have no EMC software installed, and i can only see the emc disks on the LUN of my HBA.