Problem with NFS mount and network configuration between AIX and Windows 2003 servers

I �m beginner on unix
I want to move an unix aix post 5.2 on distant site for use catia V4 with a foundation of data accommodated by a serveur windows 2003 and an environment accommodated on the serveur aix.
The computer was linked up by IP (122.0.0.8) with waiter 2003 (via NFS) and the waiter aix one is also linked up with the serveur 2003 in the same way.
post aix is displaced, a new IP is given to him: 192.168.3.105 with the footbridge of the serveur of the created site it is connected up (192.168.3.200).
From modification of its IP and its footbridge, I can pinger the first distant serveur (192.168.0.90) as well as my serveur 2003, distant also, on her address 192.168.0.240. This serveur has 2 cards networks which allow for to be the serveur of network 122.0.0. X and footbridge for network 192.168.0. X
My problem is that my post tries to take up the foundation of data and environement with IP which I cannot any more pinger: 122.0.0.1 (serveur 2003) and 122.0.0.6 (serveur aix).
I change it by that of the second network card: 192.168.0.200
During The reboot of post assemblages took place well, but during the open of the �Bureau Cde�, I can't open my session in single window.
When I knock / etc / hosts afterwards to be lodged known, it does not walk because of rights...
I go to the smit in known to change roads, tcpip, nfs... Anythings ...
I have reboot several times and problem persists. Furthermore it happens that database does not come has reason of the mapper of harbours.
Why post is able of seeing the serveur 2003 with IP 192.168.0.240 and not the serveur aix 122.0.0.6 while the waiters 2003 and aix see post???

Hello,

Per our forum rules, all threads must have a descriptive subject text. For example, do not post questions with subjects like "Help Me!", "Urgent!!" or "Doubt". Post subjects like "Execution Problems with Cron" or "Help with Backup Shell Script".

The reason for this is that nearly 95% of all visitors to this site come here because they are referred by a search engine. In order for future searches on your post (with answers) to work well, the subject field must be something useful and related to the problem!

In addition, current forum users who are kind enough to answer questions should be able to understand the essence of your query at first glance.

So, as a benefit and courtesy to current and future knowledge seekers, please be careful with your subject text. You might receive a forum infraction if you don't pay attention to this.

Thank you.

The UNIX and Linux Forums

Sorry, I have hard times to understand you.

• You want to update AIX 5.2 to a later level?
  • You use some software called Catia v4?
  • There is some Windows 2003 server connected via NFS to the AIX box?
  • You changed some IP addresses and now can't establish the NFS mount anymore and also not start CDE anymore?
  • What do you mean by "waiter" and "footbridge"??

As a guess I recommend following:
Make sure that you have updated your /etc/hosts, DNS entries and also your /etc/exports to your new IP addresses. On the Windows side you'll have probably to do adequate corrections to networking and try to mount the NFS-share successfully before you continue.

Thanks for your answer. :slight_smile:
Sorry for waiter, is a server ... and the footbridge is a bridge betwen 2 diferents networks.
Catia V4 is a software developped by Dassault system.
It's 2 servers windows 2003 in NFS.
The Cde office has started well today. :o
My database is put together well.
On the contrary, the environment erase the recorded static roads.
It's a directory with files for catia V4 and Cde office, I've recup it on the server Aix and put it in a directory of the server 192.168.0.200.
I do not know how to change it or to find resolution.
It would be simpler to be able to achieve the server Aix directly via the server windows 2003 with the 2 cards networks.

Ok, I guess I undestood more :slight_smile:

I write my question a bit minimalistic, no offence, just to avoid misunderstandings:

AIX = NFS server, Win2003 = NFS Client? (broken?)
or
Win2003 = NFS server , AIX = NFS Client? (broken?)

Ping works between the AIX and Win servers, right?

Win2003 = NFS server & AIX = NFS Client. It's not broken
When I search Ip of the distant AIX on server 2003, I see it on NFS Network under the others AIX post on Default LAN.
On AIX distant, I can ping the server with IP 192.168.0.... but I can't with IP 122.0.0....
I can't ping the server AIX with IP 122.0.0.... & with is name.
The server AIX can ping the distant AIX with IP & name.
I'll want to mount my environment for use Catia V4 with the network because when I decompress the archive of my environment on local post, it doesn't work.

Seems like your tcp/ip routing is not set up correct. You might have to add a net route from your AIX box to the 122.0.0... network it seems. Not sure about network adapters in your box but if you connect with 1 special adapter to the 122.0.0... net, you will have to set the route on this adapter.

Please post a

netstat -rn

from your AIX box that can't reach the 122.0.0.... network and use code tags please, ty.
Maybe there is just missing a default gatway entry - we will see.

I've already add a net route for the IP 122.0.0....of the AIX sever with gateway 192.168.0.200 and it doesn't work. The same with gateway 122.0.0.1.

Maybe you have set up wrong routes - it's hard to verify if you don't show your routing tables while I try to get a picture of your network.
Anyway - you can try with the command traceroute, how far the connection works and where it hangs. Maybe meanwhile someone else comes up with a better idea.