Problem with installing mandrake 7.2

I was trying to install mandrake 7.2 in my newly brought used intel pentium III processor with no operating system installed in it. In the boot sequence in the BIOS there is no "boot from the cdrom" option so I made a "boot disk" to boot from the floppy drive.
While booting from the floppy I got some thing like this

" What is the type of the cdrom you have?"
SCSI
other CDROM.

When I hit "other CDROM" option then I am getting many options but none are working on it.IT only says "cannot load the module".

I am getting this message even before i enter the cd in to the drive.

Can some body here can solve this mystery...?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks

I am assuming it is an IDE CDROM? Make sure that the CDROM drive is functional, and recognized. Some BIOSes will not display a boot option for a cdrom if the cdrom drive was not detected properly, or at all. Make sure that Primary Master, Slave and Secondary Master, Slave are all set to 'AUTO'. If all else fails, borrow another cdrom drive to test.

Thanks alot.
Yes man your are absolutly right...there is fault with the cdrom drive. The BIOS is not recognising the cdrom at all.
If i install the new cdrom(which is working properly) can i get a option in the "boot from the cdrom option" in the boot sequence of the BIOS?
Or should I need to update the BIOS setting by going to the website of the mother board manufactuerer and d/l new a new BIOS version so that BIOS can recognise "boot from the cdrom" option.
Any help is highly appreciated.