problem NFS mounting onto Solaris 10

On my Solaris 10 server, I want to share out the directory /export/home/data, so in the /etc/dfs/dfstab file, I have this line:

share -F nfs -o rw /export/home/data

In the /etc/hosts.equiv file, I have this:

+

When I do a "ps -ef" command, I see that the "nfsd' daemon is started.

From another Solaris 10 system, I can mount onto that /export/home/data directory. But when I try to mount from a PC using PCNFS software, I see this error popping up on the Solaris 10 server:

Permission denied for sharetab

I use the same PCNFS software, and can mount onto another Solaris 9 system, but not to a Solaris 10 system.

Anyone knows how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

Enter the "share" or "shareall" command on server side & then try to mount again from client side onwards.

I looked at the error more carefully today and this is what I see on the Solaris 10 server whenever I tried to mount from the PC:

NOTICE: Failed to decode arguments for NFS version 3 procedure RFS3_GETATTR client your-6a11759b44 (192.168.0.150)

sol_server mountd [427]: Cannot open /etc/dfs/sharetab: Permission denied

============================================

192.168.0.150 is the IP address for the PC
sol_server is the name of my Solaris 10 server

Could this be that Solaris 10 uses NFS version 4, and is not compatible with my PC NFS version? If so, is there a way to force my Solaris 10 server to use NFS version 3 instead?

From that same PC, I can mount onto a Solaris 9 server without problems. By the way, on the Solaris 9 server that works, I didn't see a "pcnfsd" daemon running at all. So that tells me "pcnfsd" is not needed to make this work.