Problem in scheduling an Export of a table

Hi, I am facing a problem while scheduling an export of a table using cron job. I have written a simple export command inside a shell script test.sh like
echo started

exp schemaname/temp1234  file= /test/d.dmp  tables=per_st  log= /test/d.log  
echo ended

I tried scheduling it through cronjob.

1,2,3 * * * * /test/test.sh  >> /test/test.log

The scheduler runs the script and places the echoed statements in test.log.But the dumps are not being created under respective folders. The export command is not working i guess..
Could anyone suggest any solution for this problem..

To keep the forums high quality for all users, please take the time to format your posts correctly.

First of all, use Code Tags when you post any code or data samples so others can easily read your code. You can easily do this by highlighting your code and then clicking on the # in the editing menu. (You can also type code tags

```text
 and 
```

by hand.)

Second, avoid adding color or different fonts and font size to your posts. Selective use of color to highlight a single word or phrase can be useful at times, but using color, in general, makes the forums harder to read, especially bright colors like red.

Third, be careful when you cut-and-paste, edit any odd characters and make sure all links are working property.

Thank You.

The UNIX and Linux Forums

This is the crontab of your database user that is able to do the export? You will have to make sure that you are using the environment of your database user since in cron it will not automatically use all settings like variables etc. that are set up in environment files like .profile etc.

Have a look here too maybe:

exp schemaname/temp1234  file= /test/d.dmp  tables=per_st  log= /test/d.log  

chage for:
exp schemaname/temp1234  file=/test/d.dmp  tables=per_st  log=/test/d.log  

Thanks.. Thers is no syntax problem .The script is working fine when its run from command prompt.

ok, in my system doesn't work with this space

once again, check the posted crontab FAQ.

You should go back to zaxxon's question, regarding the environment, setting ORACLE_HOME, ORACLE_SID, etc. (best done by sourcing oraenv in your script).

And do you really want to run the cronjob in three consecutive minutes (1,2,3) every hour?