Problem booting Fedora 11 x86_64

Hi,
I am having booting issue with Fedora 11 x86_64 (64-bit version) on my laptop.

Laptop configuration is as below:

Processor : Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 2.0 GHz
RAM : 4 GB

Tried following different way for installation:

1. Installed Fedora 11 on separate USB drive with 23 GB allocated for linux partition mounted as /, 2 GB for swap partition and 100 MB for boot partition mounted as /boot.No errors were encountered during installation. But when system was rebooted and boot option was selected as USB boot Fedora was not getting booted from external USB drive. Only black screen with cursor blinking was appearing. Waited for 10-15 min., but no luck.
    USB boot is enabled from BIOS as well, but still it is not booting from external HDD.Linux GRUB boot-loader was installed on external HDD.

Observations:
When I rebooted machine in Windows Vista and plugged USB HDD in, Vista was showing Linux 23 GB partition as RAW partition and others as FAT.
Not sure how it got changed to FAT32
2. Installed Fedora 11 on laptop hard drive itself using partition structure same as above but still fedora was not booting and partitions formatted as Linux ext3/swap are showing as FAT partitions when rebooted in Vista.

Native Windows Vista will not recognize ext3, ufs or other Unix filesystems so is not a useful test what it reports might not be correct; booting off a live-CD/DVD of some Linux and looking at the USB stick would be useful.

With the external USB drive plugged in, reboot your laptop and check your BIOS. The external USB drive may be showing up in the BIOS as a regular drive.