Problem at GRUB prompt

Hi,

I have a SUNFIRE V40Z server with Solaris 10 i86pc platform. I am experiencing probkem at GRUB prompt. I have restarted my server thrice but it is getting stuck at GRUB. Moreover it is not accepting any key stroke from my keyboard. I am able to enter BIOS and navigate around.

Please help me out. This is sort of a high priority issue for me.

Thnks in advance.

Can provide screen shot? what do you mean by "stuck"?
Aren't you able to choose the OS from the grub and hit "Enter" ? You can't select?
Tried with another keyboard? Need details from you.

Hi Incredible,

<grub>   

this is where i am held up when i restarted the server all the three times. when i type something at the prompt it is not reflected on the screen...the keyboard is detected though, its like hanged state. i am not proceeding to the OS menu at all...

Insert a Solaris x86 OS dvd. power off and on the system. See what it does

Try to reinstall GRUB using Solaris DVD

General Solaris 10 Discussion - How to reinstall Solaris Grub menu

Thank u all for ur suggestuions..... We tried reinstalling grub after booting through a bootable DVD ut nothing worked...we had to re-install the OS altogether. Soalris_User: Thank you for the doc...it is quite informative......but my problem was that at the grub prompt i am not able to enter anything....keyboard is sort of hanged... Can anybody suggest how i can over come this keyboard problem ?? I tried it by replacing the present usb keyboard with ps2...but nothing worked. But after I log in keyboard is working fine..... !!!!!

Try turning on LEGACY USB SUPPORT in your BIOS if it has such a setting.
Also try holding down the SHIFT key while booting.

hmmm

Sometimes on my Solaris box keyboard freeze , try to unplug and plug it againg , check USB ports for dust :smiley: