Printing pdf problem using pasta.cfg

hi folks

I have issue in printing pdf while using ERP application, it's using pasta utility to print pdf. If i print from command line its successful while when ERP user give print command the printer doesnot print anything rather it gives error which is as follows

ESP Ghostscript 815.01: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1
Pasta: Error: Preprocess failed. Command=/usr/sfw/bin/pdf2ps /prdclone/CLN/inst/apps/prdcln_zainirqerpp/logs/appl/conc/out/o2371566.out/prdclone/CLN/inst/apps/prdcln_zainirqerpp/appltmp/pasta14671_0.tmp
Pasta: Error: Preprocess or Print command failed!!!
APP-FND-00500: AFPPRN received a return code of failure from routine FDUPRN. Program exited with status 1

Cause: AFPPRN received a return code of failure from the OSD routine FDUPRN. Program exited with status 1.

Kindly help. If i run command from command line its successful but for printing from EPR it gives error

Regards

Missing space runs two path arguments to pdf2ps into one invalid path?

Could you please explain and tell the solution as i am very disappointed:(

This:
/usr/sfw/bin/pdf2ps /prdclone/CLN/inst/apps/prdcln_zainirqerpp/logs/appl/conc/out/o2371566.out/prdclone/CLN/inst/apps/prdcln_zainirqerpp/appltmp/pasta14671_0.tmp

s/b:
/usr/sfw/bin/pdf2ps /prdclone/CLN/inst/apps/prdcln_zainirqerpp/logs/appl/conc/out/o2371566.out /prdclone/CLN/inst/apps/prdcln_zainirqerpp/appltmp/pasta14671_0.tmp

Man Page for pdf2ps (all Section 0) - The UNIX and Linux Forums

Thanks. Could you please tell where will i do changes so that it could be corrected

Regards

---------- Post updated at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous update was at 06:26 PM ----------

This is error which I am receiving

Printing output file.
               Request ID : 2371640 	
         Number of copies : 1 	
                  Printer : hplasterjet5500pcl6 

Pasta: Error: Preprocess failed. Command=/usr/sfw/bin/pdf2ps -toPostscript -pairs /prdclone/CLN/inst/apps/prdcln_zainirqerpp/logs/appl/conc/out/o2371640.out.pdf /prdclone/CLN/inst/apps/prdcln_zainirqerpp/appltmp/pasta1096_0.tmp
APP-FND-00500: AFPPRN received a return code of failure from routine FDUPRN. Program exited with status 1

Cause: AFPPRN received a return code of failure from the OSD routine FDUPRN. Program exited with status 1.

In the pasta config file, put a space between the meta tags in braces '{infile}' and '{outfile}':

http://www.appsdba.info/docs/oracle_apps/sysadmin/R12/Printer_setup.pdf

preprocess=pdftops {infile} {outfile}

There is already spaces between infile and outfile, should I put and between them? Kindly help

Regards

---------- Post updated at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous update was at 09:34 AM ----------

another thing which is worth mentioning is that as ERP guys send request for print, the printer does not print anything rather it gives warning and error is same which is mentioned above.

Regards

OK, then the pdf2ps is not finding environment as a preprocess that it inherits on the command line. You might need a wrapper script. Start with a wrapper script that collects error printout from pdf2ps. If that is not informative, then use truss in the wrapper script to see where pdf2ps falls off the wagon. Compare the truss output with a successful call from the command line. Option truss -aef -rall -wall and anything else that looks nice.

I have run this command on command line its successful but in case of printing done through ERP it gives error.
I have removed -toPostScript from pasta.cfg so error is different. Please see error below

Action: Review your concurrent request log file for more detailed information.

how can i get wrapper Script
Regards

---------- Post updated 12-02-12 at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous update was 12-01-12 at 08:42 PM ----------

Important thing which is worth mentioning when I enable debug error is different and when its disable error is different.

In case of debug the error is giving below
rinting output file.

Request ID : 2375672 	
         Number of copies : 1 	
                  Printer : hplasterjet5500pcl6 

Action: Review your concurrent request log file for more detailed information.

and without debug the error is

Pasta: Error: Preprocess failed. Command=/usr/sfw/bin/pdf2ps /prdclone/CLN/inst/apps/prdcln_zainirqerpp/logs/appl/conc/out/o2375641.out.pdf /prdclone/CLN/inst/apps/prdcln_zainirqerpp/appltmp/pasta2952_0.tmp

I have configured pdf2ps and pdftops now I am able to print but its garbage. There is no error in log file but print is not readable. Need help

Create a wrapper script that writes debug logs. For instance, if it works on the command line but not in the lp driver, have the command do a "set >/tmp/pdf2ps_env.log" so you can see what is missing from the environment. In a wraper, you can also truss the command with output saved so you can compare much more between the command line version that works and the lp version that fails.

its printing now but issue is that I need to print it in landscape but its printing in portrait how can I print in landscape with ERP application.

-dORIENT1=true/false somewhere in there How to use Ghostscript