Print Spooler Script

I have posted before about this; but I am not sure I was clear on my message, so I am hoping someone can help

with this as I gathered more information.

Excuse me if I am not making sense...I am new to UNIXWARE :frowning:

The print spooler start script was adjusted according to another engineer and more sleep time was added when

starting up the server. The reason being, unless we restart the spooler by typing in the following commands

"lpstop-lpstart" after the server has booted up, users are unable to print successfully. Print jobs get stuck

in the queue.

I don't know where to begin looking for inconsistencies...

Can someone help out there?

Thank you in advance

i have no clue where you problem may be but perhaps this helps.

you lp start/stop is perhaps the main script to start/stop lpr the print spooler (what lpd is UNIXWARE using ? that whould be helpfull.)
Since someone changed the script the first question is:

1. does lpr actualy run ? (see processlist)
  2. can anyone print ? (please use the cmdline interface, and print some ascii lines)
  3. does specific documents fail ?

normaly the lpd have some kind of debug mode : use it !
generate a test print queue with no filters etc to check if your filter is broken.

be more verbose, how did you test ? what lpd ? What Version of UNIXWARE ? can you send data to a linux printspooler ? what printer ? how many printer ?

dig up this link , you may get info

KRF062

dig up this link , you may get info

http://uw713doc.sco.com/en/HANDBOOK/prntN.manage.html

I really did not test, the only problem is that when I restart the server after a shutdown, certain people cannot print, I am beginning to think that there may be some kind of permissions issue; but I don't know where to look yet...

I don't know what lpd I am using, the version of Unixware is 7.1.4, I can send data to the print spooler; but the queu does not release the jobs, I will have to check if its a printer(s)...will update you further what I find on the unanswered questions...

Thanks