PreRequisites for Dynamic LPAR actions

Hello All,

To perform Dynamic Operations from HMC in command Line (such as adding cpu to an lpar for example) in order to avoid stopping Applications, What PreRequisites are needed ?
AIX version ? HMC version ? Filesets (applied/committed) ? and what else should I have to check ...?

What is also needed when in Cluster HACMP ?

Thanks for your kind help.

LoLo92

None which likely apply to you. Dynamic LPARs need certain hardware (POWER6 and up?), a certain HMC version (can't remember which) and a certain AIX version (if i remember correctly 5.3 and up). If you have a halfways current system which is still in support it will be able to do DLPAR operations.

That depends on the kind of operation you want to do. If you want Live Partition Mobility (LPM) you may have to check your SAN zoning. You should describe your environment in more detail for that because there are too many ifs and whens involved to adequately describe that here.

In the general way you asked: nothing special. Again, there might be some points but without more specifics reagrding your environment i can't think of any.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

Hi Bakunin and Thanks for your answers.
That's just confirmed what I knew.

Kind Ragards