PPP Network through TCP/IP

I have two unix systems. One is Redhat Linux and the other is
Sun Solairs.

I am runing PPP on my Linux machine but not on my Solaris
machine. TCP/IP connects the two machines.

I want to pick up PPP on both machines simultaneously with
only one dial up connection on my linux machine.

Is there a way to pick up PPP on my solaris machine using a
TCP/IP connection to my liunx machine?

You 'pick up the PPP connection' by enabling IP forward/routing on the dialup box and set up the other box to route to the PPP gateway...... your problem is solved by understanding and configuring IP routing, default gateways, etc.

I tried several routing options, but none of them seem to work. I am not sure why.

Does anybody know a good web site to get information on routing in linux and routing in solaris?

The man pages alone do not give you enough information on routing for this particular scheme.

I see your problem this way:
You have two machines somewhere, and only one dial-up connection. You want to access the internet with both machines, but using only one for the dial-up connection.

If this is the problem, then the answer is:
configure one of machines to use PPP to access the internet [/etc/ppp, /etc/resolv.conf, /etc/ppp/options.ttyS0
On this machine you should enable ip forwarding and NAT/MASQUERADING, or you should install a proxy software [squid for example].
On the second machine you just have to configure the DNS resolver /etc/resolv.conf, the default gateway and you're done. Or you can make use of the proxy installed on the first machine [tell your browser to use HTTP proxy at IP_address_of_first_machine: port. Of course, you must have on both machines configured in the same private IP space addressing.

I finally got it to work.

I found a IP Masquerading script on the Internet for my Linux 10.0.0.2 machine:

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/other-formats/html_single/IP-Masquerade-HOWTO.html\#AEN1409

and set the other Solaris 10.0.0.1 machine as follows:

route add default 10.0.0.2

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.