Posts Converted to Divs - Overflow Works - Now Testing

Hey,

Success!

I have converted the posts (each of the main posts) from table tags to div tags and the problem with the scroll bar and code tags is fixed, as I predicted (Yay!).

Now I'm testing this (only I see the new results because the new code is restricted to my userid) but I would like others to test before I cut over for everyone.

Please let me know if you want to be a part of the test.

Basically, it seems to work very well (my testing) and the scrollbars work excellently in all code tags widths.

1 Like

Count me in.

1 Like

OK. You are all setup RudiC, Thanks!

It has taken a long time and countless hours of work to get to this point.

The posts are the heart of the site, and getting them converted to divs from tables was no trivial matter.

Count me in too. I'll report anything strange (as I usually do).

1 Like

Hello Neo,

Sure, as always I am in too. Please do let me know whatever kind of testing we have to do, will try my best to help here.

Thanks,
R. Singh

1 Like

OK.. you guys are "in" (hicksd8 and RavinderSingh13 ).

I need to fix a bug in "multiquote"... that's the first bug I found, just now.

I just checked a few posts where the formatting was previously shocking and it now looks good. Brilliant.

For example this one:

The text overflowed to the right but the scroll bar was below the image so could not scroll easily at all. Now the text is formatted nicely so scrolling not necessary. However, should we be able to see the full image posted??

1 Like

That image is too large (2048 px) and so that large image should be rejected when it is uploaded.

That's a different issue, but it needs to be fixed. Thanks.

1 Like

In that case, brilliant work Neo.

1 Like

Nothing to complain about, on a first, quick glance. Very good!

Yes, I can confirm the multiquote problem.

Not sure if this belongs here: Nice working horizontal scrollbar on code tagged text; do you think that were possible for long vertikal code text (example post) as well, limiting the box to, say, two thirds of the screen?

EDIT: Ah, and the "quick reply" bubble in each post doesn't bring me to the small "quick reply" editor but to the advanced editor. Doesn't really hurt, though.

Should that editor be subject to our tests as well?

1 Like

I documented the fact I disabled the 'Quick Editor' in another post. That was disabled a few days ago. Read my posts! ROTFL

Also, I have disabled the new "posts with divs" until I can fix the multi-quote bug.

Thanks for testing.

Now all is back to normal (multi-quote working) until further notice.

(Tired, need to stop before I break more things!)

In fact, I did and do. Going back to the post, I remember reading it, but I didn't link the two.

1 Like

TODO:

Create a new "LOL" button, so we can laugh at posts like we give thanks :wink:

1 Like

Hello Neo,

How about adding a :stuck_out_tongue: a smiley what we say it (Face With Stuck-Out Tongue, I believe) too here?

Thanks,
R. Singh

LOL

Coders who can code in HTML5, CSS3 and Javascript/jQuery would be nice.

This is a fairly huge site with nearly a million posts and countless lines of code, much of it modified over the years by various admins who are not active now.

Currently, there is only one administrator actively coding, and his name is Neo, LOL, so for the first time since our early days, we only have one admin working on code.

Thanks for your patience. It you really want to complain about some feature or desirable switch, write the code and fix it is actually better. LOL

I'm going to rewrite and modernize the code base here, even if some complain strongly, because everyone is free to write code to add great features versus complaining. This is a site for techies and coders. Write code! LOL

1 Like

Hey Neo,

To be honest I am not that great developer and never worked on such a big project like this forum. But if you could give me a test site or any test server/qa server(if this site has any), I will give my 110% to help. But honestly I am not html/java script guy but some guidance and some qa test/servers/site if I get I may try out few things and could help you :cool:

Thanks,
R. Singh

1 Like

That will not work for me, because what you are asking takes time away from coding.

To be a web developer and to be able to help, you need to be self-sufficient 100%, and if your are not an HTML/JS person, this site is not place to start learning.

Thanks anyway!

Update:

OK... I fixed the bug with multi-quoting. It works great now (I think). There was some extra div elements in the version from tables to divs and I squashed a number of those bugs.

Also, I added a new multi-quote function where if we doubleclick on the multi-quote icon, it clears the entire multi-quote cookie entry.

function mq_dblclick(){
    var D = fetch_cookie("vbulletin_multiquote");
    if(D){
        A = D.split(",");
        for (var B = 0; B < A.length; B++) {
            var F  = "mq_"+A;
            $("#"+F).removeClass("fas");
            $("#"+F).addClass("far");
            $("#"+F).attr("title","Click to Select this Post to Quote in Reply");
          }

set_cookie("vbulletin_multiquote",'');
   }
    return false;
}

By adding the line in red below to the mq_init() function:

function mq_init(D) {
  var C = fetch_cookie("vbulletin_multiquote");

if (C != null && C != "") {
    C = C.split(",");
  } else {
    C = new Array();
  }
  var E;
  var A = fetch_tags(D, "i");
  for (var B = 0; B < A.length; B++) {
    if (A.id && A.id.substr(0, 3) == "mq_") {
      E = A.id.substr(3);
      A.onclick = function(F) {
        return mq_click(this.id.substr(3));
      };
      E = A.id.substr(3);
      A.ondblclick = function(F) {
        return mq_dblclick();
      };
      change_mq_image(E, PHP.in_array(E, C) > -1 ? true : false);
    }
  }
}

I'll test it more before enabling this again for the testing crew.

Thanks for your patience.

OK! The new post code is live again for the testing crew:

$testers =  array('1','302122047','302108573','302148617');

if (NEO_WORKING AND in_array($vbulletin->userinfo['userid'],$testers))
{
  //  now live new postbit code
}

If anyone else wants to help out and test, please raise your hand.

Thanks.

PS: The overflow issues with code and big images in posts should be solved (scrollbars working).

Also, multi-quote works well, and I added a few feature to clear all selected posts by doubleclicking on the multi-quote icon.

Woooooo :slight_smile:

Should be good to go on oversized images now (horizontal scroll bar working on images in posts); but I have not tested in all browsers yet.

Testing this big image: