Please Welcome Peasant to the Moderation Team

Dear All,

Following our new policy for future forum moderators to have active LinkedIn profiles (and increase mod team diversity), please join me in congratulating our new addition to our mod team, Peasant:

Peasant (Filip Skoblar) on LinkedIn

Peasant is also an active moderator on our career and business focused LinkedIn group.

Welcome Peasant!

6 Likes

Thanks a TON Neo for doing this :b:

Welcome to MODs group Peasant, you ROCK :b:

Thanks,
R. Singh

1 Like

Welcome Peasant!
And well done... :cool:

1 Like

Welcome to the mod team Peasant.

Thank you for your past contribution to this community and we look forward to your future input.

1 Like

The main duties for mods are insuring members is to edit posts to help them comply, which in general means:

• Editing posts to add code tags
  • Editing posts to correct spelling errors.
  • Editing posts to improve formatting.
  • Editing thread tags (deleting and adding tags).
  • Issuing reminders, warnings and infractions to members who do not follow the rules and guidelines.
  • Spam management (deleting and user infraction / banning).

In the most ideal situation, the moderator's main role is to ensure that the best and brightest here at unix.com do not have to moderate and format posts and threads so our team of experts can focus on technical Q&A.

Peasant is already doing a great job as a moderator in the LinkedIn group and has recently banned some spammers and reminded people that the LinkedIn group is for "career and business opportunities" and these forums are for technical discussions and Q&A.

Thanks for the great help Peasant!

2 Likes

Hi peasant,
Welcome to the moderating team.
This is a well-deserved promotion.

Cheers,
Don

1 Like

Peasant,

Congratulations. You have many good posts to your credit. We appreciate your help.

Best,

Jim M

1 Like

Welcome Peasant!
Hope you'll appear in the forum dashboard soon...?

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words.

I will do my best to justify the trust given here and on linkedin.

Regards
Peasant.

2 Likes

Hi Peasant,

Welcome to the mod team!

S.

1 Like

In addition, Peasant was the person who has requested we stop the "tech tutorial spam" in the LinkedIn group; so after careful review and consideration, I just posted this in the LinkedIn group: