Please remove this post/remove information from it

In this thread: /shell-programming-and-scripting/255687-organizing-text-file-capital-names-capital-word-capital-word.html (sorry i cant use links)

that is not an example, those are real students names with real student login id's for the college i am attending and i am on that list. Please remove the contents of that post as it is appearing in google when you search for names/ids listed in there. We were instructed to not give out the information in that file explicitly for that reason and i suppose this student wanted help doing one of our homework problems.

since it was a year ago i hope you don't have any issues with this request.

Moderator comments were removed during original forum migration.
2 Likes

Too bad it is still cached by Google. A simple search and look at the cached page will still find the information.
On the plus side the server in question is using a shadow file and the hashes of those usernames are not
also cached.

Starting as of today, only VIP Members can request moderators and admins to remove sensitive issues from posts and threads.

The reason for this change is that we need to generate revenue from this site for hardware and software upgrades and new features; all of this requires both time and money. So, if a member wants the team to provide extra services (for example, changing user names, deleting information in posts, etc) this service will be provided only to VIP Members who support the forums.

1 Like